CANA Members Have…
- Made a commitment to the respectful memorialization of your loved one;
- Completed education in the art and science of cremation;
- Dedicated their firm to ongoing education and training for themselves and their staff;
- Supported the CANA Certified Crematory Operator Program, and
- Committed to the CANA Code of Ethics.
CANA Code of Cremation Practice
In the practice of cremation, we believe:
- In dignity and respect in the care of the deceased, in compassion for the living who survive them, and in the memorialization of life;
- That a Cremation Authority should be responsible for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of respect at all times;
- That the greatest care should be taken in the appointment of crematory staff members, any of whom must not, by conduct or demeanor, bring the crematory or cremation into disrepute;
- That cremation should be considered as preparation for memorialization;
- That the dead of our society should be memorialized through a commemorative means suitable to the survivors.