Brian Owen Stephens
October 3, 1960, to February 9, 2022
Brian Owen Stephens, age 61, passed away peacefully surrounded by family on Wednesday, February 9, 2022. Brian was born on October 3, 1960, in Grapevine, Texas to JD and Audrey Stephens (Barrett). He was the second youngest of 6 children.
Brian accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior at a young age and was a member of First Baptist Church Grapevine. He graduated at Grapevine High School and attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary where he obtained his Masters in Family and Marriage Counseling.
Brian was a loyal servant of Christ and stout Republican, both of which he loved speaking and debating about to no end. He was also a staunch supporter of the Arkansas Razorbacks and dreamt of attending every game he possibly could. Despite his passion for politics and college football, his primary devotion was to God and his family. Brian would travel to the ends of the universe in dedication to God and to support his family. This is what has made him a wonderful follower of Christ, loving husband, and incredible father.
Brian is remembered by
● Jackie Stephens, wife of 31 years. Texas
● Joshua Stephens, son. Texas
● Stephanie Stephens, daughter. Texas
● Earl and Daphne Stephens, brother. Tennessee
● Charles Stephens, brother. Oklahoma
● Betty Joyce Stephens, sister-in-law. Tennessee
● Jo Williamson, mother-in-law. Texas
● Joe Don and Tracey Williamson, brother-in-law. Texas
● James and Irma Williamson, brother-in-law. Texas
● John and Lori Williamson, brother-in-law. Texas
● Many Nieces and Nephews
Brian was preceded in death by his parents JD and Audrey Stephens, brother Edward Stephens, sisters Wanda Ashton and Brenda Stephens.
A private family memorial is scheduled and a Celebration of Life gathering will be held with details decided at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, our family would appreciate if you could share a special memory on the digital guestbook. Condolences and loving memories may be offered at www.lonestarcremation.com
“He did not go away. I merely changed his location.” -God